'BEER-Braised Pork Chunks, Salsa Criolla & Plantains Chips'
- 3 pounds diced pork (small chunks)
- 4 sprigs scallions (chopped)
- 10 pc garlic cloves (mashed)
- 16 oz Que Fuego
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz red onions (julienne)
- 4 oz fresh lime juice
- 6 oz tomatoes (julienne)
- 4 oz cilantro (chiffonade)
- 2 green plantains (round sliced)
- Place the diced pork in a deep pot and add the salt, cumin, garlic, scallions and beer
- Cook the pork and let the liquid reduce on low heat, stir occasionally, add a touch of cooking oil to brown the pork.
- Place the red onions in a mixing bowl, add the fresh lime juice and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
Green Plantain Chips
- Peel the plantains, cut into thinly sliced then deep fry until crispy.
- Serve the pork chunks on a plate, top it up with the salsa criolla and add the plantains chips as a garnish..
Que Fuego, April's release in our Up and Comers series, isn't just a sweet & spicy India Pale Lager with pineapple & carolina reapers.
It's also a multi-borough mega-collab with Brooklyn's Señor Lechuga Hot Sauce and 4 Uptown chefs and mixologists -- each of whom contributed a recipe to pair perfectly with the sweet heat you're holding.
To get to this page again from the beer itself -- featuring design by Perico Limited's Jose Ruiz -- just scan the QR code on the side.
Tap the links above for each recipe, or scroll down for more on the Up and Comers series and where you can find our beer close to you right now (or have it delivered to your door).